Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Book Academy

So, I owe a huge apology to the followers and writers of this blog. I've been slacking on my posts lately. Ok, actually, I've been so extremely busy that I've barely had time to tie my shoes. I'm not kidding.

And sadly, none of my busy-ness (did you ever think that business is just busy-ness misspelled?) is related to writing. Le sigh. Ok, that was really lame.

But you know what's not lame? The Book Academy. Let me run-down what it's like: Awesome! Does that help? No? Ok...um....

Well, I went last year to its inaugural session. The keynote speaker was Brandon Sanderson. I got to meet Jeff Savage and, my writing hero, James Dashner. It was the first writing conference I'd ever attended. But honestly, it was friggin' awesome! (Can I say friggin'? Well, I did.)

What was really nice is I got to meet a lot of people. Other than previously published authors, I only remember one person's name. But it was still cool.

I know that they're trying to expand, but obviously names wasn't one of the expansions as the keynote is another famous Utah Brandon: Fablehaven author Brandon Mull is going to be the keynote. I have heard rumor that Robison Wells, Marion Jensen, and Sarah Eden will also be speaking. And I am guessing there is more awesomeness to take in. Just an FYI, I named three of the most humorous authors I know. But there will be plenty of authors to learn from.

So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and register for it! Oh, you want a link? Here ya go: The Book Academy

Alien abductions are involuntary, but probings are scheduled.

1 comment:

Danielle Paige said...

I've met Mull, Savage, Dashner, and Jensen at other conferences; THEY ARE AMAZING! Thanks, I'll definately look into it!