Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thou mammering tickle-brained joithead!

Want to chew someone out but in a "classy" way?
How about, "I throw thy name against the bruising stones!" That sounds like something out of Monty Python, doesn't it? It's from The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
Try another: "Thou errant weather-bitten wagtail!"
Or: "Out of my sight! Thou dost infect my eyes." (Richard III)
 
Want more?
Try Shakespearean Insulter! Then come back and insult me. Wait. Never mind. Come back with your favorite insult and if you're feeling brave, tell me who you would say it to.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I love this. I had a Shakespeare Insult Generator app on my phone for a long time, and I have a book of Shakespeare's Insults that makes me wish my memory was better, because it not only lists tons of insults from the plays and includes charts that help you generate your own, it also has insults sorted for a variety of special occasions.

Julie Daines said...

He has not so much brain as ear-wax.

Thou smell of mountain goat.

She is spherical, like a globe. I could find out countries in her.

I could go on. And on...

Taffy said...

I like the ear-wax one!