Friday, October 29, 2010

"The Affect/Effect of the Right Word" by T. Lynn Adams


Have you have ever wondered about the affect/effect of certain words?

Let me assure/ensure/insure you that the proper word has the power to attain/obtain great influence.

The question often is, which one is proper?

I have an entire list of oft-confused words: capital/capitol; complement/compliment; defuse/diffuse…and my list goes even farther/further.

Even with the list to help, I still struggle at times to decide which word I can/may use.

Now, thanks to a great FREE Web site, all I have to do is type in that daunting/taunting sentence and get council/counsel.


A white box, surrounded by gold and blue, will pop up with no instructions. All you have to do is cut and paste your text into that box and click the “Spell Check” button located BELOW the text box. (The Spell Check words are written in gold.) Do not click on the tabs at the top; they will take you to advertisement links.

A new page pops up which will display tabs across the top that say “SpellChecker,” “Grammar,” “Thesaurus.” Click on the one you want and the nifty site will go to work for you. It will underline your errors and then give you options to correct them.

 So, let’s plug in the start of this article and see what it says…

Have you have ever wondered about the effect of certain words?

Let me assure you that the proper word has the power to attain great influence.

The question often is, which one is proper?

I have an entire list of oft-confused words: capital/capitol; complement/compliment; defuse/diffuse…and my list goes even farther.

Even with the list, I still struggle at times to decide which word I can use.

Now, thanks to a great FREE Web site, all I have to do is type in that daunting sentence and get council.

Wow! With that ingenious/ingenuous Web site, all your writing troubles are passed/past!




No comments: