Saturday, November 29, 2014

Eleven things I learned during NaNoWriMo

1. Fifty thousand is a lot of words to throw down.

2. Not all 50,000 have to be good words. 

3. 50K does not a story make.

4. Notes to self to fix something keeps pesky internal editor guy hidden.

5. Notes to self boosts word count.

6. Pesky internal editor guy is persistent, is a narcissist, insists the rough draft can’t be done without him.

7. I write more words per hour when I know what I’m writing about.

8.Plotting is better than pansting, even if it takes away from writing time.

9. If it’s late and the day’s word count hasn’t been met and I’m tired, it won’t be met.

10. It is possible to slap down a rough story in thirty days, as long as internal editor guy is kept at bay.

11. Fifty thousand words is a lot of words.


(This article also posted at http://writetimeluck.blogspot.com)

No comments: