Saturday, May 4, 2013

30 days, 30 stories, and WIFYR


Thanks, Sarah, for another fun April with a new piece to read everyday. I didn’t necessarily get to them each day, but enjoyed them when I caught up with them.

I am impressed with the variety and the talent. The young man, I think you said he is 10, has got some impressive talent and I hope he stays with it. The illustrations and graphic stories were fun. Screenplay and poetry and adult fiction and kid lit graced the month’s choices. We’ve got good writers in our midst.

I need to put in another plug for WIFYR. This is the annual Writing and Illustrating For Young Readers conference in June. Here is a link: http://www.wifyr.com/ Carol Williams puts on a great show every year, pulling in agents and editors and amazing faculty. I can’t tell you all of the reasons why you need to attend, but illustrator Julie Olson can give you 10 good reasons. Click here: http://jujubeeillustrations.blogspot.com/2013/03/conference-success.html
SCBWI members get a discount.

Thanks again to all who entertained us this last month.

No comments: