Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Super-Quick Book Review

Summertime and moving has made it almost impossible for me to remember my normal Tuesday blog posts! I am not even sure today is the right week. But here goes anyways!

I discovered a great book series a couple months ago that my kids and I LOVE.



"The Accidental Hero" by Matt Mylusch was originally titled "Jack Blank and the Imagine Nation" and no one had ever heard of it. They did the cover and rewrote the title and rereleased it. It is cleverly written and engaging. I read it first and enjoyed it immensely. Then I turned it over to my 12 year old daughter (who loves Harry Potter and PenDragon and Fablehaven) and she thought it was great. Then I let my 9 year son (who loves Percy Jackson and Leven Thumps) read it and he was hooked.

Luckily, our library had the second book "The Secret War" on order and we were one of the first to put on a hold. My 12 year old nabbed it first and read it. Then my 9 year old read it. Last night I started it and read until I couldn't keep my eyes open. Already I am enjoying it.


The third book, "The End of Infinity" comes out on August 7th and we are already anxious to read it. My kids said the 2nd book's ending was a cliffhanger. Can't wait to find it out for myself.

So if you want a great book series that will engage you and your kids (or just you!), check out the Jack Blank series by Matt Mylusch. Amazon Link Here. 




No comments: