Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Juvenile Detention Writing Blog

I've been teaching a writing class at a local juvenile detention center for over a year and a half and have collected amazing stories and poems over that time. I finally got around to asking permission from the staff at the center to create a blog to share the teens' writing as a way of providing outreach for the center and an outlet for my kids.

http://oandawriting.blogspot.com/

Slowly, but surely, I am getting their writing posted and each week they are giving me new material to add. Their stories are heartbreaking. Some days it's all I can do to write it down. If you want real and raw insight into the lives of teens who have been dealt a harsh hand in life, you'll find it here. Keep checking back because there is new material added daily.

No comments: