Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Where do you get your ideas?

I've spent the last two hours at a city coucil meeting. Why? Because an incompetent mayor and city council ended up creating a fiasco in our city. So now my neighbors and I have decided we're not going to ever be uniformed about local politics again.

So what do you do when you're stuck doing your civic duty? Catch up on your email. Brainstorm ideas for the book you're writing. Anything to keep from falling asleep in a public place (that happens to me way too often--disturbing I know).

Where do you get your ideas? Some authors claim dreams as the source of their inspiration. Others life experiences.

Me, I get my ideas in those moments before I fall asleep. And sometimes in loooong city council meetings. Leave us a comment and let us know the source of your inspiration.

Tiffany Dominguez
Freelance Writer, YA Fiction

No comments: