Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Three Books by Pseudonymous Bosch

By chance, I picked up an interesting book months ago from a shelf in my public library. The cover and title intrigued me. "The Name of This Book is a Secret" by Pseudonymous Bosch.

The book was fantastic-- a mix of Lemony Snicket's narration (without the dreariness) with fabulous characters and an interesting plot. After I was done, my 9 year old daughter read it and became a instant fan.

Next we found the second book: "If You're Reading This, It's Too Late." Another great, humorous read. I love his narration and warnings he gives to the readers to prevent them getting involved in the struggle-- which of course just makes you want to know more!

The third book came out late last year with another intriguing title: "This Book is Not Good for You." I'm about half way through it now.

While trying to find pictures for this post, I found his website! What a wild ride. He encourages kids to decode his secret messages and learn his secret. My favorite: "The password to this website is Secret." And below that is a box for entering the password. I will admit it took me a bit to figure out what the password was.


So while this post may not give you lots of details and plot lines for the books, I hope it intrigues you enough to check out the books. If you liked "Series of Unfortunate Events" but want something more peppy and if you like Alcatraz in Brandon Sanderson's "Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians" series, you will enjoy these books.

Don't just take my word for it! My 9 year old is a big fan too!

No comments: